HP Printer Error Code 0xc0000185
HP Printer Error Code 0xc0000185 occurs due to a faulty Windows or HP Printer driver update. You can see the error along with the error message ‘Your PC needs to be repaired.’ This HP error is very annoying, since you won’t be able to use your HP PC and can’t even load it into windows. To repair the error, you need to contact HP Support or follow the troubleshooting measures mentioned in this guide accordingly.
Windows HP Printer Error 0xc0000185 is common in Windows 8 or 8.1 operating systems but In Windows 10, this can also occur. If you have at least working knowledge of computers, you can repair the error on your own. To learn about the Windows Error Code 0xc0000185 troubleshooting procedures, read the entire blog, and follow the steps as mentioned.
What is HP Error Code 0xc0000185?
HP Error Code 0xc0000185 is One of the blue screens of death mistakes that occur when some relevant information is missing from the boot setup of your PC. If not fixed on time, the error can harm your PC badly. You can also see an error message like “The Boot Configuration Data File is Missing” along with HP PC Error Code 0xc0000185, confirming that something is wrong with the boot setup.
The error will prevent your PC from starting, preventing you from accessing important data from your PC. Nevertheless, the problem can be solved and you can get it fixed by trained HP help experts. You must fix this error without waiting any longer if you want to be able to use your HP Laptop again.
Fix HP Printer Error 0xc0000185
If your HP PC running on Windows 10 is facing this mistake, then you’ve come to the right spot. The steps below will help you troubleshoot HP Printer Error Code 0xc0000185 in Windows 10, but you can also use it to correct an error on any other version of Windows.
Method 1: Diagnose the Issue Properly
You must run some tests to diagnose the exact problem with your computer hardware before you begin troubleshooting the error. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- By pressing the power button for a few seconds, shut your HP PC down.
- Re-press the power button and restart your PC and start pressing the ESC key quickly. To get to the HP Startup Menu, press the Esc button.
- To start System Diagnostics, hit the F2 key and then follow the prompts on your
- Fast System Test screen. Please navigate to Machine Test and pick Fast Test.
- See if you have any big hardware problems and try to run HDD and RAM tests to diagnose any problems.
If you get a mistake, you need to hurry to get HP Help and quickly fix it. If, however, you have not done anything wrong with your HP PC and are unable to fix the error code 0xc0000185, then you can do this:
- As indicated above, open the HP Startup Menu. Using the first two steps and press F11 when you get to the Startup Menu.
- You can now see on your computer a couple of Device Recovery Options. From the available options, choose Device Restore, then choose the restore point before the error occurs.
* Note that if the recovery partition is removed or impaired on your HP PC, you can not access the Device Recovery Option. All HP PCs have Recovery Partitions, and unless it is removed, you can follow the above procedure.
Related Blog : HP Envy 5530 Printer error code C4EBA341
Method 2: Use Windows 10 Installation Media
Error 0xc0000185 on The HP PC can be repaired using Windows 10 Installation Media by running repairs. However, since the process is a bit complicated and something done wrong can lead to more harm, you must follow the steps carefully. Now, as described, use the steps below:
- Switch your HP Laptop on and open your CD or DVD ROM when it starts normally. Insert Windows 10 Installation Media into the CD ROM and restart your PC.
- After you have rebooted your HP PC with Windows 10 Installation Media, the message “Press any key to boot from the CD” will appear on the screen. Do as the prompt says, i.e. click on your keyboard with any key.
- You need to select your sort of keyboard in the next window and set the current time.
- In the lower-left corner of your browser, press Fix Your Computer.
- From the Choose Choice screen , select Troubleshoot.
- Under the Troubleshoot menu, press Advanced options and then choose Automatic Repair.
- Pick the operating system you are running and your Windows will search and correct any errors on your HP PC.
- Take the Windows 10 Installation Media out of your HP Laptop after the operation is over.
- Reboot your computer and verify that the problem is resolved.
Contact for Fix HP PC Error Code 0xc0000185
All that is. We hope you have successfully patched the HP Printer Error Code 0xc0000185. Nevertheless, if the mistake is still there or if you are having some other problem with your HP PC, feel free to contact specialists. If it is just a basic error or a serious one, we will help you fix any problems with your HP PC.