HP Slate Tablet Slow, Freeze And Unexpected Turn Off Issues
This blog will take users through discussions based on how to fix HP slate tablet slow, freeze and unexpected turn off issues in easy ways. The technical problem usually arises due to update restriction encountered while apps installation. So, below we have explained users steps to help them overcome with this problem faster.
Steps to Fix HP Slate Tablet Slow, Freeze And Unexpected Turn Off Issues:
Step 1: Safely removing the SD card
- From the home screen, users are advised by HP Support team to tap “All Apps’ icon and then, scroll to and tap the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Now, tap on “Storage” icon and here users will come to know the amount of available memory displayed right under the “Internal storage in the Available” section.
- Remove the SD card and move to the next step
Step 2: Performing a soft reset
- To fix HP slate tablet slow, freeze and unexpected turn off issues, you are requested to go for soft reset and restart the device. But make sure that you have not erase any of the content.
- Press and hold the “Power key’ until you see your device turning off.
- At this point of time, the Slate 8″ Tablet will switch on automatically
Step 3: Determine if your device has low memory
- Now, from the home screen, tap on “All Apps icon” and then, scroll to click “Settings” option.
- Click to choose “Storage” icon and users will come to know the amount of available memory displayed right under “Internal storage in the Available” section.
- If the device is running under low memory then, apply troubleshooting steps to rectify this issue
Related Blog: How To Fix HP Slate 7 Tablet Does Not Start Issue?
Step 4: Clear all application cache
- Clear out all application cache to free up space as well as improve performance. But ensure that you have cleared out only application cache. It will thus remove your personal settings as well as information such as login information and high scores.
- To fix HP slate tablet slow, freeze and unexpected turn off issues, clear out the application cache but be careful that you have not removed your personal settings or information.
- Now, from the home screen, tap “All Apps icon” and click “Settings” icon.
- Tap on “Apps”, “application’ and “clear cache” icon
- Close all of your background applications
- At last, verify that the Slate 8″ Tablet has installed all recent software.
For more such queries to be solved, connect with our HP tech support experts and resolve issues! Call us +1-855-455-1176
We are a team of expert technicians who are available at +1-855-455-1176 HP Support Number 24/7 hours to fix related issues from the core. Technical team is backed by skilled and competent tech support engineers who work hard to deliver users a perfect blend of solution at their desk. So, feel free to call us anytime and get the most appropriate remedies at your desk