How To Fix HP Printer not activated Error Code -20?
Causes of HP Printer Not Activated Error Code -20
HP Printer Not Activated Error Code -20 This is caused by a failure to configure the HP printer on your system properly. The Printer not activated Error Code 20 normally shows you when you are trying to print a text, image or spreadsheet on your computer. Unchecked Printer Not Activated Error Code -20 for a printer is very popular on Windows 7, 8.1 or 10. When you are trying to save a PDF, your printer shows this error. Often this mistake happens when the PDF converter fails to interpret the activation code. Although this error is recorded by some users when attempting to print an Adobe paper, after upgrading Microsoft or using Fast Books apps. Some other common causes of this error happening are due to conflicts in the system manager, the missing driver of the printer, or whether the default printer is set to some incorrect printer.
The Printer Not Activated Error 20 will happen when you upgrade your operating system. And if software using the key for internal settings are not changed, the application key does not function as usually. There are many reasons why HP Printer Error Code 20 is not enabled, including the default printer is not set to your printer.
- No driver required for printing.
- The device manager has disagreements.
- Errors in your system’s registry.
In order to correct this mistake, you first have to ensure your HP Printer is properly set up and there are no corrupt or corrupted settings on your PC to stop your printer from running.
How To Fix HP Printer not activated Error Code -20
To start fixing the error, first make sure the HP printer actually works. You can print a self-test page, and after you have done so you can track USB connectivity from the printer on your device.
Here are the steps you should take to fix this problem:
Step 1 – Make Sure The Printer You Are Using Is Set As The Default Printer
The reason you should do this is that when you decide to print a paper out there might be the same problem in the future. When buying another printer, you should always ensure that it is set as the default printer.
- Click Start > Fax and Printer.
- If you don’t have the desired printer icon, look through the Printers Folder and proceed to Phase 2.
- If there is the desired symbol, however see if it has a check mark next to it. This involves setting the default printer.
- If no check mark exists right-click the printer and click the Set as Default Printer option.
- Right-click the printer and pick Print Test Page to print a Windows self-test page.
- If the page prints successfully, exit the printer folder and try to print a Word document.
- However, if this fails, apply the methods in Step 2.
Step 2 – Run Printer Troubleshooter
In the search bar type “troubleshoot” and press the Troubleshoot button. Click on printer and perform the problem solver as below.
- Open the Settings app and navigate to the section on Update & Security.
- From the left pane, pick Troubleshoot. Choose a printer and press the Run Troubleshooter button To complete the troubleshooting process, follow the instructions.
- Check if the problem is still there after the troubleshooter is done. If the issue is still there, you might want to try using troubleshooting hardware and software.
Step 3 – Reinstall The USB Composite Device
Just to start again with a so-called ‘new printer, reinstalling the USB unit. Reinstalling the system might be the right thing to operate. Follow these steps to do this:
- Right-click and choose from My Machine Properties.
- Click on the Hardware tab and then pick System Manager 3. In the System Manager Pane, double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Right-click Composite USB Unit, select and Uninstall, and then click OK. 5. Disconnect the USB cable from your PC and reconnect it.
- For downloading the drivers, follow the on-screen instructions in the Found New Hardware Wizard.
- Press Start to open the Printers folder, and then pick Printers and Faxes.
- To print a self-test page, find your HP printer icon, and then press the Print Test Page button.
- If the self-test page prints successfully, close all windows and attempt to print out a text.
Step 4 – Reinstall QuickBooks
- Go to the Run box by pressing Windows key + R together
- Then, type “appwiz.cpl” and hit on the Enter key
- From the list, find QuickBooks and uninstall it
- Now, you need to run the installer and follow the on-screen prompts which are displaying to install QuickBooks
- At last, restart your PC to save the changes.
Step 5 – Uninstall And Reinstall The HP Software
If the inactivated HP Printer Error Code 20 is not resolved by the following steps, the HP Printer software should be uninstalled and reinstalled. To do this, you can use the built in Add / Remove Programs feature.
Step 6 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the biggest causes of HP Printer Not Activated Error 20 is that corrupt or damaged parts of the ‘Registry’ prevent the printer from being used by your computer. The registry is a database of your Windows system that stores vital settings and files that your computer and software needs to run. Any time you use your software to help it it needs to read many registry settings, but sadly many of these settings have been broken and corrupted, making it hard for Windows to read them. Using a ‘Registry cleaner’ program to clean the registry to correct this.
- Open “Run,” and then edit Reg in the dialogue box form, to go to the Windows Registry Editor, and select Run as Admin”
- You should create a backup before making changes to the registry. In case you go into one when updating the registry, this will prevent any malfunctions.
- Choose File from top menu on the same screen > Select Export > name Backup file > Choose export selection in dialogue > Select All reviewed > Save file on the same screen
- Click the programme table next right and pick ‘Permission’
- Verify that the user (you) has full table access
- To close the window and registry editor, press ‘OK’
Step 7: Configure Print Spooler Service
Press ‘Windows + R’ to open the ‘Run’ box or type the search box with ‘Run’ on your screen. Click open it Hold and press ‘Run’
- Enter or press ‘Yes’ in the ‘Run’ window.
- You get a list of services and you have to find here and click on ‘Print Service’
- Choose Properties now and press Stop Print Service Spooler
- Next Automatic pick
- Select ‘Re-launch facility’
Try and save a PDF to check if the issue of Quick Books error – 20 has been resolved